This is The Screamm Project, a global campaign that brings together a collective of diverse individuals to express their truth through vulnerability by sharing experiences of overcoming obstacles through ART, COLLABORATION, and EXPRESSION to drive the future of ending depression.
FEATURING: JuVan Langford
1. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you read, I AM ____________________?
A vulnerable, authentic and powerful leader.
2. What event or moment occurred that led you to your passion and what is your passion?
I was invited to the D.R on a service trip to speak to what was supposed to be 100 orphans. Upon my arrival there were over 800 beautiful brown skinned children running around a grassy knoll, one of which was a boy who barred his soul to me. As he told his story I was able to locate myself in it and made one of the most powerful choices of my life to make healing young men like him my life’s mission.
3. What key elements, actions, etc., helped you overcome the obstacles in your life?
There are two relationships that I am constantly in the process of developing: the first is with my inner child and the second is with my higher power. When these two relationships are in alignment my life is lived from abundance.
3. What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a past experience that you carry with you when making the next move in life?
Move forward with the people places and things that move me forward. I’ve learned to be gentle with myself and to trust the process understanding that only my good will come to me.
4. SCREAMM stands for Self Awareness, Creativity, Reflection in Nature, Expression, Art, Music, Mindful Living. What relationship do you have with these components in your life? Please explain how any of 7 components impacted your life.
In my experience life is about one thing: awareness. Self-awareness deeply resonates with me in my mission as I understand the deeper that I go with in myself as a reflection of the access I will have to the hearts and minds of the people I cross paths with in the world. I love people and feel a deep calling to create safe spaces for Men specifically Where they can heal their past and Create their future.
It is my mission to call attention to and also offer solutions to the imbalances and injustices in men and masculinity. How you can support me in this effort is by joining arms and sponsoring a young man.