This is The Screamm Project, a global campaign that brings together a collective of diverse individuals to express their truth through vulnerability by sharing experiences of overcoming obstacles through ART, COLLABORATION, and EXPRESSION to drive the future of ending depression.
We are happy to have our next feature: Corey Snowden
1. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you read, I AM ____________________?
I AM ENOUGH!
2. What event or moment occurred that led you to your passion and what is your passion?
My passion in life is creating. Whether it be as an actor, a screenwriter, a director, an author, a musician, or a fitness coach. I thrive using my imagination to create stories, to tell stories, to live out the stories of others truthfully, and to inspire others to do the same. The events that led me to follow this journey were some of the darkest moments in my life. Overcoming depression, years of bullying, a horrible breakup, and dropping out of college all led me to realize what I wanted to do since I was a child. To Create and Tell Stories that Matter and Inspire Others.
3. What key elements, actions, etc., helped you overcome the obstacles in your life?
I was inspired by the words to a song "Sometimes darkness can show you the light". And for me that was true. I had to fall. I had to fail. I had to overcome my own darkness. For the longest time I allowed others to dictate who I was and I lost my voice. It took a very long time to fully believe in myself and embrace who I really am. But with the help of my loving wife, my parents and family, and some close friends I finally have risen into the light, like a "Phoenix".
4. What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a past experience that you carry with you when making the next move in life?
My biggest lesson is that you have to FAIL. Over and over again sometimes but you must FAIL FORWARD. As I mentioned in the previous question, I call myself "Phoenix". For I learned that "I will fall. I will crash. And I will burn. But I will always rise from ashes." That's my motto and I'm sticking to it :)
5. SCREAMM stands for Self Awareness, Creativity, Reflection in Nature, Expression, Art, Music, Mindful Living. What relationship do you have with these components in your life? Please explain how any of 7 components impacted your life.
They all have impacted my life, now more than ever that I truly understand and embrace myself. For one example, Self Awareness. I know who I am, who I was always destined to be. I don't need to worry about what others think or how they view me. I am and will always be my number one fan. We all have to be. Because we all can overcome the darkness. We all are enough. And we all can RISE.
IG: @CoreyThePhoenix https://www.instagram.com/coreythephoenix
Photo credits include: Felicity Murphy and Anna Enger Ritch